I know I did something stupid but....

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Thats what they were labeled as. Green spotted dwarf puffers. They do have green spots so I thought thats what they were. Im still a newbie so I have no idea. I took like 20 pics and that was the best one that came out. lol They move so fast and right now they are going up and down in the tank under where the current from the filter is. They look like they are having fun in there..

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
i'm pretty knowledgable on puffers. u have 2 dwarf puffers. they look too brown to be a green spotted puffer. also, their spots seem to be mottled and together, where GSP spots are clearly seperate. their body shape doesn't even look like a GSP. one more thing is that the only puffer petsmart sells is the DP. don't add salt in there! DP's are completely freshwater. ur set-up seems perfectly fine as is. feed them some bloodworms or try some mysis shrimp. mysis is usually a saltwater food but puffers should like them. possibly find small or baby snails, because like all puffers, DP's have small beaks that need to be kept filed down, and in the wild that is accomplished by eating snails or crustaceans.

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
NJ Mom, I went to a huge lfs today and checked out the dwarf puffers. Can't blame you for picking them up.........they're adorable!!

Good luck with them!