ICK?

Apr 24, 2006
Nashville, Illinois
I got a pair of fancy guppies yesterday and I think the female might have ick. She'll swim sidewase in tiny sprints by random objects. There is no form of visible problems like white spots or anything. I'd use my ick clear tablets but one treats ten gallons and it's a 1 1/2 gallon tank. Please help.

raise the temperature to 83 degrees and in a week it will be gone if it is in fact ich. I have dealt with ich alot now with feeder fish ususally bringing it in, I would wait to se if you see and white spot and if you do then I would in fact raise the temperature. I have NEVER used salt as part of my treatment and I have always gotten rid of it with the higher temperatures.

\ Hope that helps

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
watch them closely to see if any specs show up. I have a betta that's been flashing for a year now. I think he's just spastic.

If spots do show up, raise the temp and add salt (there's several threads in the disease forum for reference.)

good luck!

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
Have you tested your water? A water change should help but you need to know your numbers. Fin rot is typically caused by poor water conditions. Stress Coat should help but you need to correct the problem first. How old is the aquarium? Ammonia, nitrites, nitrate?