Is it just my fish only...

Feb 2, 2003
North Dakota
My severum always welcomes me when I come in the door... the end of tank is a few feet away from the door and she is always there if I'm walking buy or coming in. Real curious fish stare at stuff I think, heck they can't help but get bored sometimes!!

Jun 22, 2003
NS, Canada
Visit site
Whenever I am trying to see something in my tank (for example, tonight I thought there was a tiny snail on a leaf and I was trying to look up close to see) my fish always swim RIGHT in front of my face so I see nothing but them. The tiger barbs are attention starved I think!!

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Part of it has to do with the schooling nature of fish. Like birds, fish seem to have this innate orientation ability so that they naturally line up all facing the same direction. My fish do it too, when resting they will all orient in the same direction, usually it is facing the brighest light source, which is the window next to their tank.

My goldfish know where the food is. When they see me, they all rush over to the one corner and crowd that corner, all watching me pick up the food canister. They don't go to where I put the food in, but they all rush to that corner to watch me fix their food cup. When they sleep, they all line up facing the same way.
~~Colesea

redjln

Small Fish
Jan 1, 2003
NJ
Visit site
I know our fish watch us! The Angels and Plecos at least are always watching who is in the room. The Angels will even follow my finger if I move it in front of them.

I too, swear they watch TV with us.