Is this true

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
ok I didn't mean to make u mad or anything I just want u to know that. I'm still a lil ignorant when it comes to fish. I got all the fish before letting the system cycle through even. And they did tell me I had alot of fish in the tank as well but they told me that after I got the fish. they didn't know what size tank I had when I baught them.

Last edited:

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
that was what I was planning to do but I was wanting a brand if there are good ones or if they all the same. is it a good idea to buy the cheapest stuff on the shelf or the most expensive.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
ok thanks I'll pick one up after work tomorrow. I was going to go in on wed because I want to take in that one swordtail and see what was wrong with it. wha the fungus is that it has

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
Do you by chance get your supplies at a Petsmart? because if you do, print out the prices of the test kits at www.petsmart.com and take them with you. It will likely save you some money, because they have to match their website prices in the stores.
If you end up not getting the freshwater master test kit, at least get ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate tests. You can also get ph and some other but those three are the biggies.
You can use the search function on the page to get a price for each kit you need.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I don't have a petsmart round me but I do have petco. Not a big fan of them though. the one near me if u don't know what ur looking for exactly they tell u all the cheaper stuff don't work as well and push the expansive stuff on u. The store I go to is alot better. when got my hood they said the light that came with it was good but one of the lights they sell was better. But they told me to take the hood home and see what I think and they GAVE me a used bulb that was better to see if I liked it more. I did and all they did was take my bulb that came out of the new hood. I trust them and they trust me. pluss they give me deals on occasion. they will sell me things at the price they baught them for. they make no mony on it. that is service if u ask me.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I love this place. it just a small store with a huge inventory. it's run by husband and wife and all they specialize in is fish. they sell small birds and bunnies but that is all

noncentric

Large Fish
Feb 18, 2006
WA state
Hi ex

If you're looking for highly-praised freshwater test kits...then the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals brand is a good choice.
The price is usually around $15 online, but can be about $30 at Petco.

This is a link to the product at PetSmart, where it costs $13.49 - I know you said there isn't a PetSmart near you, so this link is just so you can see what the product looks like.
http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...1146563766358&itemNo=0&In=Fish&N=2030152&Ne=2
If you have lots of stuff to buy though, then PetSmart has free shipping on orders over $50.

Or, you can buy it here for $12.99 plus $7.45 shipping:
http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=19383;category_id=3111;pcid1=3233;pcid2=
That may still cost less than your local store.

Good luck!