It be da voodoo mon...

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Yeah see with that i'd be broke.

I find it surprising you people from Cali can't find stuff like this much over there. I can understand ORA specifically because they are based in Florida, but every message board i've been at i've envied Californians for their great stocks.

Last edited:

di0nysus

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2007
sunnyside of california
my lfs here in cali always has a good selection im jus too broke to buy anything. i actually just picked up a small sps frag that looks like that blue voodoo of yours just not as bold in color. when ever you start selling off those PPE let me know! im dying to have a frag.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
I think availability is better in SoCal. There were a lot of really nice places in Los Angeles and San Diego. I still think I had better LFS' in Oregon than in the Bay Area. I don't know if the stock was actually better, but I think it was...and I know that the stores themselves were better. When I go in down here a lot of times I find that the service is really poor - sort of the difference between WalMart and a mom and pop shop. That being said, I have really only explored the East Bay area and not that thoroughly so I don't know what is available in San Francisco and San Jose. My livestock experience has been that availability is kind of hit or miss. Sometimes I walk into an LFS and there is a really wide variety of great looking stuff...but also very expensive; other times, I walk in to the same LFS and there is virtually nothing (and it is all still really expensive).

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well the midwest is a virtual desert with very few really good lfs and the few that are around here are quite expensive. Here we have to rely more on local reefers and frag swaps

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
True.

Well in that case i feel blessed to have a decent LFS. I only have 2 in town i'd ever buy coral from. And only one of those 2 carries freshwater stock. Those 2 are the only true LFS. The others are bigger chain stores that carry dog, cat, bird, reptile, etc as well as fish.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well out of over 50 lfs i only frequent 2 of them! im too poor to buy corals at retail prices and with so many club members with frag tanks willing to sell frags/fish/what ever for so cheap i dont see myself doing so any time soon! when i go its usually just to look around and buy NSW for my water changes :p