It's been a while... New tank & new pic!

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
S.Reef said:
I just bought a pair of Green clown gobies...excellent fish for little reefs. Mine eat frozen foods and dont mess witht he corals...be warned they like to perch on corals.
Ya I was reading that on the one site I always go to and I also see that some of them even lay there eggs on the corals and can cause some damage, but they say it will recover.
I just thought of one problem I may run into with one of my current residents Ms Sally light foot if I add in these small fish, I ready that as this crab can get fairly big (3") and they are lightning fast they may pose a threat to some small fish. Looks like I may need to trade her in, what do you all think or should I be okay?

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Thanks!

JCS11236 said:
HEY ALL U HAVE IS THE PROTEIN SKIMMER ON UR TANK?

WHATS Fluval 1plus mini ? DO U HAVE CABON IN UR FLU? OR DOES IT HAVE FILTER PADS? HOW LONG U HAD THIS TANKS

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

LS, LR, Skimmer, fluval 1plus and the clean-up crew.

It's a small internal filter I run carbon or poly wool in it once in a while if needed; usually just have it for flow.

This tank was converted from my 40g so everything in it came from there mostly... the 40g I had over 2yrs; this one I have had only a few weeks. (note: you can not have a tank like this from scratch, all the rock was already mature from the old tank and 1/3 the water was from the old tank as well. If you set this up from scratch you would be out a hell of alot of $$$, as everything would die from poor water quality)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Well still no fish yet, but I picked up some very small frags a few days ago for $5.00 from one of the LFS and one of them had a small hitch hicker. It is some kind of small anemone about the size of a dime. I will try to get a clear pic of it this weekend and post is to see if anyone can identify it, as I have had no luck so far.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Christmas at my tank!

Well I couldn't resist the temptation! I walk in to one of my LFS and saw a very nice piece of combo'd coral (LR w/mutiple corals) for $80.00 Cnd (including the 15% taxes) It includes a variety of mushrooms, Colony polyp, Pumping Xenia and a small unidentified clam...I told the owner to hold it for me as I rushed home to see if I could make room in the tank for it (Of course you can always make room (lol)), then after re-aranging the tank I rushed back to the store and picked it up and even got him to through in an Emerald Mithrax Crab for $5.00 (including taxes) I will have pics of the updated tank in the next few days hopefully for you all to see...I'm so happy with the setup I have now it looks amazing. (sorry if it sounds like I'm braging, I'm just very proud of the tank) Oh ya I have also added a Scooter Blennie, small frag of I believe "Elegant Moon Polyp" which came with that unidentified anemone(still looking good and getting bigger) and as well the Pink/Green Cucumber(as well seems to be doing great)

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
1979camaro said:
good stuff! always fun to get new things
Not to fun on the wallet though...but worth it IMO. You may have noticed I changed my mind on the fish as originaly planned. I'm still hoping to get one of the Citrinis Clown Gobies but unable to get my net on one yet. I still haven't put a lid on the tank and not sure I will still up in the air. I was actually at Home depot today looking at the stuff for one but couldn't go through with it. I think with the Scooter and a Citrinis I should be okay without a lid...I hope! the Scooter is a male very nice looking and he is finally eating pellets. I had a scare when I first introduced him into the tank as he froze in one spot when Sally lightfoot came along and jupmed on top of him and wouldn't let him go. I quickly got my net in there and scared Sally away, never had any problems since...Scooter nows better now when he sees Sally, he swims fast away.