Just bought 11 lbs of live rock! PICS!

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
hey yall let me know what you think and is that real seaweed i was to embarssed to ask at the pet store and also...... what is the big flat thing on top of my rock in pic 231...... i have like three of them!

Attachments

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
the tank looks nice, the live rock is looking nice too, seems like theres some nice coraline growth. Is that a true perc in the background of the second picture? As for the thing in the last picture its a little hard to tell what it is, but maybe someone else could help tell you what it is.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
its too blurry for me to even tell what you've circled...unless my eyes are going

as far as the "seaweed" it is undoubtably some sort of macroalgae. if you get a better shot of it we can probably ID.

Shipley18 said:
is that real seaweed i was to embarssed to ask at the pet store
not to sound like a jerk, but in the future i would ask...what if it was something you didn't want in your tank or couldnt care for?

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
oh no i understand its just that this pet store guy was cute and i got shy....sorry, um also that bright yellow spot on one of my pieces of rock....what is it it looks kinda like a brain coral but idk....also teh blurry thing looks like its razor thin and has and openign at teh top across its whoel body in teh shap eof a V ummm ya i think thts desribes it...also is macro algea good/ bad i really like the way it looks

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
also i have tubes on my live rock that have to ANtenea coming out of them any ideas on those?...also in the aneome safe for my percula is it gonna grow to be big enough? ummm idk what true mens but it was advertised as a tank raised perc.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i can't tell what the yellow thing is either...do you have a better picture?

macroalgae is generally not a problem...it helps with nutrient export...and if you decide you don't like it you can always pull it out

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
the tubes are just little feather dusters, pretty common live rock stuff

i was unware that you had an anemone in your tank. some anemones will eat fish in which case the perc probably will avoid it. on the other hand, if it is a hosting anemone it should be fine

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sounds more like a manjano anemone, which some people think are a pest though I never found thme much of a nuisance. The yellow thing might be a sponge. The thing you've circled is completely out of focus.
It also sounds like you have a bivalve of some nature in there (v - shaped thing)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
the "bubbles" do sound like majano but i have never seen a clear majano...is it possible for you to get a picture?

you could also search on yahoo/google images for "majano" and compare that with "aiptasia"

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
for a better descrption, the tentactles are about 1/2 ' long and are see through except where it is covered by tiny white bubbles(there are alot of them), and each tentecle has one of the bubbles on the tip