Keeping it cool

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Well I have a central AC unit being installed Friday so I'll hold off until then. I got the egg crate today and I think it will work better anyway. I'm looking to get a compact light in a month or two and that will let the light draw in more. Regarding the firefish are they fairly peaceful towards each other? I couldn't find anywhere that says they are. The LFS has two and I was thinking about getting them both.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
they can be aggressive to other firefish unless it is a mated pair. Are the two firefish in the same tank at your store? If so you could watch to see how they interact with each other but personally I dont reccomend basing your decision off of this because once there alone in your tank it may change.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
thanks, that's what I figured. I told the lfs I'd be in tomorrow to get one of them and he was like you should get them both they might be mated. Don't feel like wasting 30 on the two to have one die. I just have to catch my yellow tails tomorrow moring.

Edit, Finally got my central air and now I'm going at a easy mid 70s. Now on to the next hurdle.

Last edited: