kinda... dead?

Aug 28, 2013
Dayton, OH
www.CritFest.com
So, I was referred to this site by someone else who referred it to another... but... it's kinda dead, huh? Was wondering what happened with that, I was seeing talk about some good activity, but things seem to have changed since. *SICK*

Feb 27, 2009
A lot (not all) of the active folks are in the USA. I've been here a few years and the fall always seems to slow down quite a bit. I think that the start of school has a lot to do with it. Either those that are school-aged (include college aged), or those that have students in their homes, slow down on posting.

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
Well its summer time, so more people are working late or spending time outside, stuff like that. Plus this site has become more of an advice tool rather than a discussion forum. So most of the activity is from random people with questions about why their fish are dying. Then we go through the whole water params/test kit/tank size thing... then usually never here from them again. I started out like that.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
yep. and with the start of dove season here in illinois i been out hunting all day today and the previous week i was squirrel hunting and then going to work. then come home and crash. so i have not been posting alot. next month is going to be worse cause it's the start of deer season lol

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Is deer season still the big celebration it used to be EX? I lived in WI as a kid right on US 51. Thanksgiving week was always hunting season and that highway would be bumper to bumper cars the day before it opened and on closing day. Supposedly half of Chicago came North. They hunted in gangs with the drive and stand method. I assume there was also a lot of partying. My very first memory in life is a being laid down to sleep behind the hunters in a little trailer while they were eating. When I got to high school we could get passes to get out of school - I always got teased because I was the only female who got a pass in those days.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
it is but luckily i hunt on a local farm and on my own property. i also bow hunt which goes from oct-jan. shotgun season here is split first season is a 4 day weekend before thanksgiving and then 3 days the weekend after thanksgiving. which you can use pistol and muzzle loader durring that season. then we have multiple seasons after that. in dec and jan there are late winter doe seasons and also there is a youth season. on the farm i hunt durring shotgun season we got about 15 guys who regularly show up and sleep in the barn. most of them are old timers. 60's on up. Elmer is the oldest at 94 i believe.