kissing gouramis, dwarf gouramis, and bettas

Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
Alright. So I guess I'm going to wait another week or so to add the next fish. :( Oh well. I'd rather wait than buy them and have them die on me.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Hey, I just thought of this...but aren't cardinal tetras the ones that sleep on the bottom of the tank in an odd position? Wouldn't the crayfish just eat those off while they sleep? Anyone that knows more about cardinals have an answer?

And yes, if your water params are like that, your cycle has barely started. Don't make the typical "jump the gun" newbie mistake and add more fish right away, you'll really just end up with more trouble and kill some of them anyways. Besides, it's way more fun to be able to go to the fish store every weekend or so and get just one or two new fish. :)

Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
Okay okay you guys have convinced me. I'll wait. But I'll be back next week with my water params to see if I can get some then!

I hadn't heard that about the cardinals, but I would like to know if that's true. The crayfish aren't really active during the day but they sure are at night and my hubby wouldn't be happy to come home and find all "his" fish eaten.