Making tank better...

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ok i'v erecently posted pics and got alot of negative feedback, which to me is good because it shows i can improve....but i need to knwo what i can do for under 50 bucks to make my tank look better you can check out my pics in teh thread "Brand new pics..." Any feedback is great, thanks guys i love you all

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Easiest things are try a coloured background (paint a piece of cardboard blue, and turn round the heater so the cable runs down the edge , not the middle. Then you need to reaquascape so it doesn't look like a pile of rocks.
Also I'm not big on leaning the piece of rock on the left against the glass.
You need a large piece of branching rock.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Where do U want to go...

I'm not sure if you posted on this, but what are your plans for the tank? What do you want to all keep in it eventually I think you need to determine this before you add anything else to the tank (other than more LR). As for the LR I would try to get some nice branching peices the big clunky stuff is good for a foundation but it doesn't add much flavor, that's where the branch's come in to play. It's usually more $$ for this stuff but well worth it.

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
well i was going to get soem tonga brach(sp) but all the pieces my usual store had were broken so i have to wait a few weeks, then i was going to buy two to three larger pieces to help build my wall more vertically, also I'm going to buy a scooter blenny and have already boughten another clown fish, after that probally just a coral branded shrimp, maybe a small goby...maybe

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Your going to need a better clean-up crew than just the one hermit. I would pick up about 15-30 dwarf blue leg hermits when you get your live rock; there pretty cheep. and maybe a snail or two of some sort. Another good cleaner is the banded brittle star, the can get into all the small nucks and crannies.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
it is definitely possible for the snails to have babies; i think your cleanup crew is fine

why don't you post some pics of the mystery corals whenever you post new shots and we will ID them for you

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ya it is but i actually jstu got my water tested locally yesterday and it was the same as all my tests so tha tis good i guess.... also with the tonga branch should i just get one to two pieces or...what? also is the thing piosionous

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
its not particularly posinous to you or fish the problem is that they spread very quickly and will do serious damage to corals and such in you system. you should get however much branch LR you want