Meet Pinky

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
You know how it goes.. your beloved fishy passes away, you decide to wait then it happens. I was in a little LFS to pick up some dry cat food and I couldn't help it and walked in the aquarium section. There were about 10 bettas. Some in cups others in little bowls, I guess they held about a cup of water. Near the last two bowls was a very pretty pink little boy. He was trying to interact with the other fish who was dead, his tailfin was gone and he looked like he had white fingus on his body. But the little pink guy looked healthy. My father ask if I would buy him and I said not yet, maybe later if he is still here. I actually was worried about him last night hoping he would stay healthy enough to get sold before he wound up like his friend. :(

When my Dad came home he held a bag saying I bought you a present. Sure enough it was him!!*BOUNCINGS

My dad said the girl was happy that "Pinky" was adopted and he is now in his aquarium. He is very timid and little but very pretty. Pastel pink with hints of red or violet streaks and blue eyes. He also is a fishy of a different color when you take pictures! Pinky is still getting use to the plants and getting his mussels in use to actually moving. I gave him one pellet to help him get settled and he is now learning to swim.;) Time will tell to see how his personality is. I think UB would be proud.*thumbsups

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/sweetvegan74/?action=view&current=73717d41.jpg

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/sweetvegan74/?action=view&current=8a5ee43b.jpg

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/sweetvegan74/?action=view&current=06152f0e.jpg

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
:) Pretty, your dad sounds awesome! LOL I bet his fins will brighten up a TON in the next few days, Brilla was nearly pure withite when I got him, now his fins are all blue.

tubbs24

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2006
USA
Very pretty! Your dad seems like a very nice man. I bet he'll be a maroon color, in the last pic it looks as if he color is starting to come in :)

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Pinky Lee's fins (His full name!:D ) are getting move color now, they are becoming pink and near the top of his head is getting the same coloring. It is amazing on how a Betta's true looks change when put into a normal aquarium enviorment*twirlysmi

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
VirgoWolf said:
Just 1 more?

I want at least 10 more.... males, and a couple females for each male to choose from ;P LOL and knowing me, I'll keep half of the fry for myself! LOL

Haha, yeah, well, you know, gotta keep my finances in mine...but finances aside - i want a TON of bettas *SUPERSMIL heehee.....but all in moderation.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
LOL Yeah, Hubby here, but as long as I keep getting awesome deals on tanks (or free tanks) He is pretty much OK with whatever LOL. I have to get 4-5 bettas for my wedding, so I have an excuse for those! :)