Mickey mouse platys

crazy4fish

Medium Fish
Jun 1, 2007
What fish don't get along with mickey mouse platys cuz i got one for a few days and then the tail started riping and looking tore up.

crazy4fish

Medium Fish
Jun 1, 2007
well i had a dyed fish but took it out 2 sunset platys m and f. 2 swordtails m and f. algae eater and albino shark with a male and female mickey mouse platy

crazy4fish

Medium Fish
Jun 1, 2007
how would i do that and i just found out 2 more of my mickey mouse platys hav it so just put better wat in clean it out and get a new filter i just did all that last week

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
do you mean new filter pads or did you go get a new filter?
and you shouldnt really have to put in new filter pads, you can clean them out in OLD tank water you took out

how big is this tank?
if you dont know, then what are the dimensions?

and you need to buy a test kit.
you can get the strips or an actual test kit, the actualy drop test kit is best.
strips: http://www.petco.com/Assets/product_images/0/084942211502B.jpg
test kit: http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/images/API/freshwater_master.gif

crazy4fish

Medium Fish
Jun 1, 2007
the tank is 10 gallon and i just got 3 frys out of no where so i put one of my pregnant fish in the breeding tank. and is it posible that neon swordtails always hav a gravid spot

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
you should look into a bigger tank for all those fish.
it probably is fin rot and i wouldnt worry about fry because you dont really have room for them atm.
and its not a gravid spot, its probably thier feces that your seeing. 0.o

crazy4fish

Medium Fish
Jun 1, 2007
you should look into a bigger tank for all those fish.
it probably is fin rot and i wouldnt worry about fry because you dont really have room for them atm.
and its not a gravid spot, its probably thier feces that your seeing. 0.o
o ok it sure does look like a gravid spot. and i was thinkin bout gettin a 50 gallon

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
You need to read up on how to do a water change. I have an article on my website you can check out if need be under "Cycling a Tank." Basically, in order to get rid of the fin rot, you will need to be changing out about 30-50% of the tank water every couple days for awhile and adding new, pre-treated with water conditioner, water to the tank. Fin rot usually only shows up in tanks where the water conditions aren't good. This means you need to be doing more regular water changes. Posting your water parameters would also be helpful. If you don't treat fin rot, it can eventually be fatal to the fish and all the fish in the tank will get it.

crazy4fish

Medium Fish
Jun 1, 2007
You need to read up on how to do a water change. I have an article on my website you can check out if need be under "Cycling a Tank." Basically, in order to get rid of the fin rot, you will need to be changing out about 30-50% of the tank water every couple days for awhile and adding new, pre-treated with water conditioner, water to the tank. Fin rot usually only shows up in tanks where the water conditions aren't good. This means you need to be doing more regular water changes. Posting your water parameters would also be helpful. If you don't treat fin rot, it can eventually be fatal to the fish and all the fish in the tank will get it.
how wuld i find that out the parameter. and i will clean my tank and get a new 10 gallon 2day r 2morrow. this is my first fish i ever had hav this problem and my other fish started to get it but then it went away is it posible that fish can build up and immunity to this

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
how wuld i find that out the parameter.
and you need to buy a test kit.
you can get the strips or an actual test kit, the actualy drop test kit is best.
strips: http://www.petco.com/Assets/product_images/0/084942211502B.jpg
test kit: http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/images/API/freshwater_master.gif
theres your answer...as i said BEFORE.

how about instead of buying a 10g tank you get a bigger tank? something that can hold the fish you have?