My First Tank

tiki

Small Fish
Oct 4, 2007
yes it is for the wet dry and thats the only one I have so far
I got it now Lorna and thank you it does make sense my rock has not had any time of algae besides coraline on it so far
Where would I get those powerheads from cause I dont remeber seeing them at my LFS but I will be looking is it possible to get away with using the 700 and a number 4 for now?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
depending where u live you prolly have to pick them up online ...and yes 2 more powerheads in addition to the mag7 u already have...they dont have to be the koralias but those seem to be the best for the money (about $40-50 each)
try this site

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
you can place them where ever in your tank you get the best random flow pattern that is not a whirlpool. You are trying to simulate wave action. Placing them on opposite sides facing the front center seems to be a pretty popular placement

tiki

Small Fish
Oct 4, 2007
I bought another powerhead yesterday and plan to order one of those ones you guys and gals recommended and we went and bought 30 lbs more of live rock today did about a 28 gallon water change and will probably do 10 to 15 tom I also vacummed my sand bed a little and we have decided to buy a 180 gallon tank which will be set up sometime in early November since we are moving soon thank you all for the advice