My new babies!

usacutie81

Large Fish
Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
Here are pics of my latest additions. I'm so excited!

This is Simon. We may end up moving him to his own tank, we think one of the crayfish got in a fight with him last night.

and these are my new babies who all look alike and so do not have names yet. They are another reason Simon may be getting his own tank.

usacutie81

Large Fish
Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
Okay, question for you guys. I'm thinking I may have to move the beta to the 10 gal. that I have (it's completely empty at the moment, hasn't even been cycled. Hee hee, guess I better do that, huh?). Anyway, my husband loooooves guppies (why does he like all these wusy fish, I don't get it) and I was wondering if I could get some guppies to put in the 10 gal. with the beta. Thoughts?

Sep 10, 2004
Texas
Visit site
I hear white clouds are good with bettas. I would definitely not do the guppies because of the tail. A betta might think its another betta and fight with it. We did have neon and glowlight tetras with a betta in a 10 gal tank. Good luck!

Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
so far the gouramis and the beta are getting along great. I still think I'm gonna move the beta, though.

The crayfish, however, are DEFINITLY getting moved to their own cold water tank. We had our first fish fatality this morning. One of the crays got ahold of one of the rosy barbs. I found him bobbing at the top of the tank with no fins or tail left. It was very sad and slightly gross.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
I'd definitly get the betta out of there ASAP, and the guppies just might not work out too well in either tank. The creys will do much better on their own, so it's great that they're moving, but honestly, I'm not sure if they caused the damage to the barb, my dwarf gourami did the same thing to a good number of my fish in one night (he went back to the LFS in the morning) they can get moody, although normally peacefull, there can be trouble makers. Keep an eye on them!

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
yep, that one killed platties, neons, guppies, and I think 1 molly, all in one night! I had one for a while that was perfectly happy living with guppies, platties, and even my molly fry! And now I have one who's happy as can be, right now he's in with my Razzies, a flash pleco, and a pair of GBRs and doing great! Definitly depends on the individual fish.

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
I dont unerstand why anyone buys crayfish........there ulgy as hell and they kill lovely fish,get some glass shrimp instead.

Any how,that is the cutest little betta I have seen in many a year.*thumbsup2