My Oscar A Di@%!

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
while he's still small. you could go with pcu, tin-foil bards, midas cichlid, jack dempsy, any other large or medium sized south american cichlid. the problem is that most of these fish get quite large so you might have to be careful on the number of fish you add.

aspguru

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.aspalliance.com
This is my boy right here. He posed for this picture. I put the camera up to the tank and he came right up to it. This is classic.
<P>
This is another picture of Jimmy. This is a pretty good shot I think
<p>

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Very pretty, I've always wanted an oscar. Had a lovely albion red in the store that made my heart melt it was so sweet.

Other SA cichlids do well with oscars, provided they have enough room for -their- territories as well as for how big they get. The best example I can come up with is my friend who had two full grown oscars in a 90 gallon with two full grown convict cichlids. That was it. And his albino still harassed everyone.

Jack Demseys, Green terrors, Tinfoil Barbs, Pacu, Bala Sharks, Convict cichlids, as mention before are good tankmates for oscars.

R

Robert Gurley

What a very nice picture.  I kept my Oscar with 7 bala sharks in a 75 gallon tank, I would glance at the tank each morning to see my balas frolicking around the Oscar... and my Oscar enjoying it immensly.  I found that the best thing for my Oscar was just a bit more company! *thumbsupsmiley*