"Mystery Cichlid"

Jan 8, 2009
Richmond,Va
Many african cichlids are herbivores and feeding them "meaty" foods will harm them as they lack the digestive structures to absorb nutrients from such foods.

If the fish in question is a "blue reef cichlid" then it is an herbivore and should be fed food appropriate for it dietary requirements.

If in doubt, spirulina is a safe bet.

I listed a variety diet.Including Tetramin veggy "Crisps" in my previous post.There hints the "Crisps":Which gives cichlids a wide variety of sustained vegetable enhancement.Which has spirulina algea in it. Spirulina algae contains easy to digest proteins, high levels of carotenoids enhances fish color with high levels of Vitamin B complex for digestion.Your a little way off base on the post arn't you?8 Posts back...LOL.Just to update you:We are "CURRENTLY" talking about territory between Julez convict and her Mystery cichlid.Thanks for coming out!*thumbsup2

Last edited:

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
taking pics is always a challenge for me. I'll take 20-30 pics and maybe 2-5 are good enought to keep.
That aint nothing new. When I actually sit down to take photo's, I can take 200 and end up with maybe 20 decent ones, and one or two really good ones. But that's the great thing about digital, no film to waste ( to speak of).

Variety isn't always best when it comes to fish like mbuna that are almost strict herbivores. To many proteins can cause much more harm than good, which is why it's not a good idea to mix them with fish that can't live well off of the same diet. One feeding of too much protein isn't going to cause the fish to kill over right away, but even if you feed it every now and then, over a long period of time can cause harm. They can't just swim to the other side of the tank and find something more suitable to them like they can in the wild, so we have to be responsible and feed them what they need.