Name this Fish

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Okay, so here's the scoop.

My last male betta, Victor, died. Now, I have a new one and I can't think of a fitting name for this fellow. Give me your suggestions and I shall pick the one I like best.

Your reward? You might get the satisfaction knowing that you named my fish. (If you call that a reward). I know you guys are really good with naming fish, you've done it for me before.

Here's some pics.

If you're worried about him being in the breeder, don't be. He's only there 'til I get his 2.5 gallon globe cleaned. Which will be soon. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

angelmom

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2005
Vernon, CT
I always think of Bettas as warrior fish. There are a few names I like that might work if you think the way I do.

Andreas, Warrior-related. (Greek) "Man." ... The first duty of a man was to protect his home, and this name is sometimes translated as "warrior...

Murphy, meaning Warrior. (Irish, Gaelic) "Sea warrior."

Murrow, meaning Warrior. (Celtic) "Sea warrior." ...

Just a couple I rather liked for the name and the meaning.

PS...beautiful fish

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Oh my gosh, I love the name murrow, that is actually one that i was thinking of, believe it or not (i have a lot of celtic ancestry, so, i kind of up on such things :))

Anyways, beautiful betta! i love the vibrance of his colors, soooooo handsom.

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Great!! Thanks for the replies guys. He is a beautiful fish and he seems to like to hold his fins out slightly more than Victor did, but maybe this is because Vibe, my female betta, is being housed right by him at the moment. Or maybe he likes to pose for the camera as well as for two ladies (Vibe and Myself).

Anyway I'm still thinking on the names. So far I'm thinking on Samson, Andreas and Flash of the names suggested. Also I'm thinking of Ceasar, Arthur, Duke, Emperor, Merlin, Voldermort, or He Who Must Not Be Named . What do you think out of these names? Boy, now I want to set it up so you can vote on these names. More Suggestions are welcome though.

P.S. Here are more pics of him and of Vibe.

Vibe

The One Yet to Be Named

Both

Thanks again.

Last edited:

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Let's have a little vote. Here's the list of names I'm liking (so far).

Samson.....Murphy......Andreas......Murrow.....Ceasar (there's not supposed to be a space between the letters, but it won't go away)......

Peacock (suggested by my sister because of his constantly flared fins)......

Arthur........Poseiden......Sir Lancelot (Another one I thought of, tell me if I spelled that wrong :D)

More suggests are still welcome. If I like them I'll add them to a narrowed down list after a bit of voting. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
I vote murrow, sampson, or sir lancelot (i think you spelled it right), although, Puka does have an interesting ring to it...man, he's so beautiful, we just gotta find the perfect name for him!!!