Need Help getting the correct medicine for ick

shwnicus

Large Fish
Feb 22, 2006
Kirkwood, MO
I'd question your LFS for selling you this many fish for a tank that small in the first place. and then again for selling you a UV and stating that it would cure anything. I am sorry to say that it was and is only a matter of time for all of your fish. overcrowding is one of the fastest ways I know to kill a SW fish. so now you have one more bit of homework before your next try: read, read, read first; then find a new LFS.

kaihonu82

Small Fish
Mar 30, 2006
santa clara, ca
I too am somewhat new to the saltwater aquarium hobby - my 30 gal with LR has been set up for a little over 3 weeks and I haven't gotten any fish yet - but I do know that a reef tank is more difficult to maintain than a fish/LR tank. The water parameters must be watched closely because any drift can cause sensitive inverts and corals to die.

I'm so sorry to hear about your first experience with a saltwater community, and I can understand that with all the costs and time involved, I'm sure you're very frustrated and about to throw in the towel. Patience is one of the key players in starting and maintaining a beautiful healthy aquarium. Unfortunately, there aren't very many shortcuts you can take when establishing your tank. I advise you to go to your local book store/library and really absorb all you can about saltwater aquariums, fish and inverts. If you're really serious about the hobby you will won't find this read to be boring and you will be able to appreciate it that much more.

As the old saying goes, with this hobby, you're going to get out of it, what you put into it <or something like that> So please, don't give up, but take the time to do a little more research before restarting your tank.

Just some advice from another newcomer to the hobby! :D Good luck!!