neon tetras?

kirizarry

Small Fish
Sep 24, 2009
So, after some thought, I have decided to get 5 more minows, for a total of 8 and 2 more of the skunk cories. I keep reading that they like to stay in groups of 3 and then there wouldn't be any room for any neons. Thanks to Newman, I filled in the right info on that aqAdvisor site and my tank would be 94% stocked. I will also get the testing stuff I need to test the water myself. I think this is a good plan!?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
very good plan. keep up on your water changes, and proper water quality monitoring (that sounded very scientific ._.)

also learn about proper filter maintenance and how to keep your filter's beneficial bacteria from dying (NEVER rinse anything that goes in your tank with tap water..always with tank water)

kirizarry

Small Fish
Sep 24, 2009
SO, there's a whole in my plan....I went looking for the test strips at the store and I decided to check the prices for when I bought the rest of the cories. So, someone came and bought the rest of them and they will not get any more for long time. My question....is there another type of cory that I can get that will "hang out" with the skunk cory that I have. I know they're shy and like to be groups, which is the reason for getting more in the first place.