New Coral!

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Woo hoo.

Scored some new coral today....a steal really, got them for next to nothing so i had to take them home. They will be moved into my larger tank when its setup.

Always wanted a hammer, couldn't pass this 3 headed piece with its color/size for the price

And this birdsnest, great color, nice small size frag with different branches...good steal.
Before polyps came out right after i put it in the tank:

After:

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Bumping this because i got some new stuff! I'm a bargin shopper so when i saw these frags for the price, and for being ORA frags....i instantly jumped on them. Going back tomorrow for a few others as well.

*Polyps not fully extended yet due to them being new*

First up is my new ORA Acropora Valida Tri-Color. Beautiful piece, purple tips, green polyps and a orange/yellow base. Should turn out to be one heck of an Acro. Best shot i had, with flash.

Next is an unknown ORA Acro, possibly get the name tomorrow if i remember. LFS said they were getting some stuff ORA didn't even have on their website yet so who knows. Neon green hue on a peach/pink base. THis thing is a small colony in and of itself! Look at this frag.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Calling my current pictures crap Eric? ;)

Got some new ORA frags today!! Admire the crappy ORA frag plugs.

ORA Chip's Acropora. Nice green hue base with purple tips. Polyps are supposed to color up so we'll see.

And the ever so popular ORA Green Birdsnest. Nice neon poylps on a pinkish/orange base.

Both

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I don't have the receipt with me but i think $35 for the Birdsnest and $40 for the Chips? The first 2 ORA i got were about the same for both frags. $30 for the green UnID one and $35-40 for the Tri-Color. I think....gives you an idea though.

The chips has just opened up nicely...exploded really, all polyps are out and doing good.

I might end up taking a frag or 2 off the green acro in a few days and seeing what happens. Fragging day will be when i setup my 5.5 which hopefully is sometime this weekend. Plan on fragging mushrooms, green acro, zoas, maybe gsp, and maybe my acan lord.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
ORA = Ocean's Reefs and Aquariums. They are a Marine fish/coral hatchery and they dedicate themselves to propagating and breeding Coral and Fish for the hobby instead of collection in the wild.

So not only is buying their stuff good for the reefs, but they have some really nice coral. From my first experience with ORA coral, i'd definently hunt down some more....this stuff is nice!