New LR*

Apr 17, 2008
wow today i got 22lbs of live rock from fiji pre cured and its very nice it has some yellow sponges some lobe coral and i think 1 brain coral i cant tell its hard but ill get a pic soon

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
wwwwwhoa, slow down. Hopefully you have this rock in buckets with saltwater with powerheads etc. Check the ammonia levels and then nitrite and when they are both zero you will be sure it is cured. There should be some die off due to exposure to air, I would not suggest fragging anything off the rock until you are sure what you have and it has adjusted to your system and is growing.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Was it bone dry? or just damp. It should have been at the very least wrapped in wet newspaper to retain as much moisture as possible. It should not have been dry if so, it is not live rock but base rock.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Think about how heavy water is, it would cost alot more to ship plus it would be alot harder to get water to stay in a package IMO, unless they used buckets but then you couldn't get alot of rock in a 5gallon bucket so you would need alot more to ship.. 1 gallon of SW weighs about 8lbs.. That's why i think but its just an opinion...

Apr 17, 2008
ok well you guys might not want to agree with me but at about 2 hrs after i put my LR in my tank and then i put my clown in and that was thursday and now he is sooo alive and healthy you dont have to agree with how i did it i know most people will just criticized me but hey it worked :\

so now it has 1 clownfish 4 snails and there all moving and good :p proved you guys wrong

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
wow...and what are your tank readings? LOL..I cant BELIEVE that after all the advice everyone has bothered to give you, you still thought you knew it all and just didnt care..you didnt prove anyone wrong..give it time and you will be the one who will be proven wrong with a dead fish...very careless

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Bad Practice for sure! Thats pretty pathetic and you lied too. The spike wont happen right off the bat and things may be ok for a couple days but once that spike comes I will being looking for you saying that your stock is dead. BTW This isnt a place where you prove people wrong and try and get a know it all name for yourself. Grow up a little!!