New member, new tank

Jan 23, 2008
If I go with 2 pygmy cories, do you think the Tetra's will mess with them because they are so small? Or would 2 peppered cories be ok?

I'm going to take some water up to be tested on Sunday, hopefully they can tell me what I need to do to get the water right or at least make sure it's getting in the right direction.

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Nope! If you go with the Pygmies I would get at least three or 4 they're fairly tiny and very social.

If you got any larger cories I'd get 2. I had one on his own for a long time and didn't realize until I gave him friends how much they need buddies.

I don't think the neons will bug them. If they spawn they'll eat the eggs and that's fine (you don't wanna breed in a tank that size any how) but that's it. I'f you go with the endlers be sure to get all males (the bright ones) or you'll soon have a VERY full tank.

Jan 23, 2008
So after I take my water and get it tested and it's ready for fish, I have to change the bulk of the water before adding the fish? Or once the water is ready I can just go get my fish and put them in? That's the only thing I'm a little unclear about.

Jan 23, 2008
Well, I took my water up to PetCo and they tested it and said it was fine. The girl was obviously not very knowledgable though because she told me I could only get 2 goldfish for my tank. Any others need heated water. I told her I had a heater and she said oh, well we don't recommend heating water under 10G because you will cook your fish. Obviously if tanks under 10G weren't meant to be heated, they wouldn't make heaters for UP TO 10G...anyway, I picked up 4 neon tetras. I think I am going to try to find a LFS instead of a chain although I've never seen any around. I will look harder.