New Rock

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I know it looks unstable butthe one piece on the left side it very flat. So that piece is supporting it all, but the epoxy should hopefully hold it. I can't hide that pump because that runs my refugium. I wish I could though. I'm not sure if I want to leave it like two mounds or get just another piece or two, maybe three and stack them there. I'd like to get some marshall island rock, but can't afford it right now. This ich ordeal has drained me!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i tend to like a more "fuller" looking tank than that, if it was mine i would deffently get more rock, you have alot of swimming room but very little room to hide.. i like arches and "bridges".. everyone will have their own opinion on what looks good.. as long as you like it that's all that matters

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Actually, there are quite a few smaller arches and hiding places behind the rocks. I'd like to find one big enough piece that connects the left side to the right side to give a big arch there. I guess I could make an arch out of two pieces possibly.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I really would secure those rocks in some other manner...the epoxy is not as strong or sticky as you think...I would hate to see it come crashing down and then you have to deal with 55 gallons of water.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Initally it was secure without the epoxy. I added the epoxy just as a secondary measure. I'll give it a test tonight. There are groves that it is sitting in which helps secure it. I think it was lorna who said to drill it then put PVC in the holes?

Last edited: