new tank

balafreak

Large Fish
Mar 10, 2006
joliet illinios
ya it cycled,and no this is not my first tank,i have a 20 gallon tank to with 6 tiger barbs and a few other fish.and as lostncofused said its better to get the advice and info from you guys who have had the experience.things are different in the home tank than in science lab tanks witch is what i heard most sites get there info from.my lfs said that most sites get info from scientist who have a tank with no decore only heater,filter,thermometer so of course its going to be a dif result with a real setup with a close to realistic envierment.but of course they could be wrong.and lotus what are you talking about.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
10g tanks are pretty hard to stock. it stinks when you cna't get as many fish as you'd like to. one of my old 10g tanks just had five cherry barbs. it sounds like you might in the long run be better off with a much larger tank.

if you want my personal opnion on what to stock, i'd go with maybe 5 harlequin rasboras.

balafreak

Large Fish
Mar 10, 2006
joliet illinios
as many of you say do your own research.i get different anserws from everysite i look on and every book i read so i kind of ask you guys for more info and your side of the many stories i get.but i understand its getting annoying and willtry and cut back.so when ever you catch me doing that again just let me know i wont be affended.and homebunnyj do you accept private messages?

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Ya, I was about to mention liveaquaria.com like lostnconfused said - its a really informative site. maybe y'all could just not double post your questions or something. And yes we are here to help, but you should try to do as much research of your own as possible. Trust me, I know completely how it goes with being busy with schoolwork, but thats what I get for trying to do a double major with a minor *SUPERSMIL Just do what you can on your own and then come back with some more educated questions/ideas...good luck guys, research really is the key, even if it is extremely time consuming - remember that you are dealing with lives here, as minimal as they may seem... :eek: