Newbie needs advices

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
When getting a skimmer alway get it rated for more than what your tank is. For your tank I would get one rated for approx 100+ at the least. I have a Prizm skimmer on my 10g and it is rated for up to 100g. And good for you in going bigger, I think you will be glad you did in the long run. Words of advise " Reaserch & Patience" that is the key to SW, and from the sounds of your messages your already in the right directions. Look forward to pics.

Jellybaby

Small Fish
Jun 16, 2005
Montreal
I went to big al's today and I talk to a woman about skimmers, she was really nice, she was offering me the Saline Solution Skimmer. She even told me not to buy the seaclone even if she was selling it lol so I'm thinking maybe she knows what she's talking about.

So is she right is the saline solution skimmer a good one ? :)

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
but the saline solution is basically a long cheap plastic cylinder with no powerhead..it's works with an air pump and a stone...you could build yourself one cheaper than the 125 $ suggested. This is pricey considering you need a powerful powerhead + air pump + stone. You need to tweak this skimmer and it ain't fun..but i've seen them work well.
The 219 CDN $ retail price for the remora skimmer with maxi-jet 1200 is a better deal.
Anyways if i do insist it's because this is NOT the type of equipment you wanna skip on quality.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I'd go for a Remora Pro or two on a 75. Things like the saline solutions can be incredibly effective, but you are also very high on maintenance. If you can pay her to come to come round and show you how to set it up and keep it going it might be worth it, but they're really not plug and play.