Pictures

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Okay time to kill it. There are a few very small ones at the back of the same piece, look sort of like palm trees in a group of three only about 1/4 inch high....Can I just pull them off or is there a better way?

The rocks are really stable, though for safety I will get my husband to drill a hole down through the top pieces and into the bottom ones and I will then put a rod of pvc through it to stabilize. I don't want to use glue in case I have to take them out sometime. That one large piece on top was over 20lbs. glued to the bottom would make the two weigh almost 40lbs.....hard to manipulate later.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Rockwork looks lovely. I bet fish will love the little tracks you made.

Can't you squirt a tiny squirt of hot something in there to kill the aiptsia, instead? (Yes, I know that's not a lot of help...)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Thanks for the aiptasia clues....going to find some Joe's Juice. I think I have heard of it.

Thanks for the compliments on rock. There is a lot of colour on the rock, lots of purple coraline. I sure hope it doesn't fade. But with those halides it should come back. The ammonia is dropping and I think I will try and introduce a few clean up crews in a week or so once everything zeros out.......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Okay, everything has stablized at zero and I notice some obnoxious aiptasia that I will need to attend to asap. I would like to introduce a few cleanup guys namely some scarlet reef hermits and some assorted snails. I would like to add a couple peppermint shrimp and a couple brittle stars too. I was thinking of adding 5 blue/green chromis at the same time. Then let these guys all have at it for a few weeks and see how things go.