Pictures...

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
I think we have a winner on the mystery fish:

These are Platys:

and this is the mystery bio-load

30 for a single molly is silly.
As is 50 for a single Red Tail. I'll agree that you don't want to have two Red Tails in a 50 or smaller (they'll fight), but you don't need that much water to keep that fish. Remember, a 20 long is the same length as a 50.
Someone from PETA must be posting over there. No... I take that back. They'd tell you to kill the fish because it's cruel to keep them.

People keep harping on you to get rid of fish...
How soon are you going to get a new tank? That will help determine if you can stretch your current stock until the new tank is setup.

Don't get me wrong. You've crammed so many fish into that 3 gal it's like fish.zip over there (point if you get the joke), *crazysmil and they wont live long if you don't handle the situation. But I think you've been preached to enough. Time to fix this.

Out of curiousity... now that you have been living with it, how do you feel about the "clown gravel"?

h2oh

Small Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'd like to mention that you have as much decor in your 3 gallon as I have in my twelve (which holds one fish, half the size of your pleco). Considering your current situation, couldn't you pull out the canyon rock to give those fish a little more room until you can get a bigger tank?

It must be like living in a closet with four roommates in there, and someone's stuffed in a loveseat.

Jun 21, 2008
Haha, h2oh. It's in another thread that he did recently take the rock out. TAL, since you have about 7 or 8 (a rough guess) threads open right now, could we maybe consolidate. It seems like a lot of people are commenting on problems you've already fixed, or not understanding the whole situation when they post. Just an idea, it seems like it would be easier for everyone. Maybe it's not that big of a deal though, I don't know. It might take a staff member to consolidate.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Clown gravel... That was funny!

Designs.... double answers have only happened a couple of times but the amount of infomration I have gotten has been worth it.

Now..... If I could get my new state plates and my trucks on the road I could hit the stores for new equipment.

However, with the new house I have been busy painting, cleaning, putting things aaway and of course......daily water changes to keep the fish healthy.

And I havent lost any since the two initial post move deaths.

I should post an unpdated pic too.

I have changed the tank to allow for more swimming space.

Some rocks from my yard arranged for the hiding of the pleco has been nice. ANd the corys hang out on top of it sometimes.

Anyone here from Massachusetts? This state is wierd man. At least this town. No one..not even the kids drive a junky car.

Heck my first car was a rusted out '77 cutlass.

Ok back to my clown gravel (wife picked it out not me!)