puffer food

slurpor

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Have they eaten at all yet? Sometimes they don't for a couple days. Also, they might not eat frozen bloodworms- some do some don't. I have to feed my puffers live worms, they won't touch anything that doesn't move.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
ok i guess their not sure if its safe yet. i could understand that when your a little less than an inch long. i have notest that the male is bigger than the other two puffers

slurpor

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
If you have 2 males they probably won't actually murder each other, but they'll fight to establish separate territories (where they can't see the other). Personally, I would take one male back and get a female. 1 male/ 2 females is a better combination. Are you sure you have 2 males? I really can't tell the difference when they're babies, because their colorations are about the same. I usually guess juvenile sexes by body shape, but then it is still just a guess.

Nov 27, 2004
New Orleans
Visit site
yeah, you are gonna have to wait for them to reach sexual maturity, and the ones you get at a store were most likely juvenilles too. do any of them have that distinct line on their stomachs yet? and in a 10g if you keep it heavily planted you might not run into any major problems other than the occasional nip with 2 males.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
ok they dont have the lines i figured they were males because they would chase each other around the tank. 2 havre a light body with black spots wile the other one has an almost brown body with blue spots