question about goby shrimp pair

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok so it hasnt been long at all maybe a half hour and the pistol found the goby*SUPERSMIL the pistol joined the goby and is already helping burrow only problem is exactly what i thought was guna happen now in stead of just having the goby hidden in the back of the tank now their both hidden but awell at least there together right?? i can only see them in the reflection of the back of the tank but i can see there defintly paired*thumbsups

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
If they are tunnelling you won't need it. just make sure your rockwork is rock solid (pun intended)

They won't just burrow in the back, they will burrow everywhere......their tunnels usually have about 4 or 5 entrances all over your tank.......they could hang in the front one day and the back the next. You will see....

Lotus: nice looking gobie......

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
btw i tried to find out what kind those 2 gobies were but the kid wurking didnt know (owner wasnt there) but when i went back they were both still with the same pistol exept now there was 1 on each side of the rock he was tunneling under..... funny thing that same exact pistol is the one i ended up getting :) sry to the 2 gobies left without there pistol :p

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Cool pics, Lorna :)

I've noticed my shrimp seems to be burrowing a whole network of tunnels. I haven't seen him, but I can see he's been working. It's possible my shrimp and goby have paired, but that the goby's hole is in the rockwork where I can't see. Time will tell.