Question about scrach in a tank

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Alright i found this tank on Ebay i think it's a 105g at less that's what i came up with but um there is a picture of this scratch would it lead to a leak?
and if it would leak what could i do to fix it replace it or glue it really good?
eBay: L72'' X W17.5'' X D20'' used fish tank, no reserve (item 320049245222 end time Nov-20-06 21:07:23 PST)
Thx
BTW don't bid on it plz :D I'm putting it on my wish list for Christmas :p it'd be a FOWLR probably if that matters

EDIT just thought of this pending on where this scrach is could i cut it out and put a overflow there or would that not work?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
ok so the 105 i sould not get
and the 95 is a good deal if the tank and sand are good meaning not messed up?
and i seen that the 95 comes with a wet dry filter but the picture doesn't show it hooked up to those pipes but i was think it might be for the return what do you guys think?

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
saltwater4life said:
ok so the 105 i sould not get
and the 95 is a good deal if the tank and sand are good meaning not messed up?
and i seen that the 95 comes with a wet dry filter but the picture doesn't show it hooked up to those pipes but i was think it might be for the return what do you guys think?
The pipes that go through the glass are the return-to-tank pipes and the box hanging on the back is where the water flows to the sump. The box is an overflow box that works by equilibrium of water on each side...they are a great alternative to having the tank drilled for a in-tank overflow box with bulkhead.

IF you decide to go with the second tank, the first thing you would want to do (if used for salttank) is get rid of the bioballs. Yes they are beneficial for breaking things down into nitrates but then you will be stuck with lots of water changes or set-up the sump with macro algea for nutrient export.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
yea i figured thats what those pipes were for since i didn't see anything else with a tube and i was thinking of taking the media out and puting sand and some algae stuff with a piece or two of LR maybe and i already was looking at water pumps :D
Aquarium Water Movement: ViaAqua Water Pumps
the biggest one 1321GPH or if i can find a better one at my LFS not sure thx for the help tho :D

BTW think i could house an eel in there?