Question about the Fins of my Betta.

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
See the thing is it kinda looks like rot but not what is described as it, so I don't know. Big news though, I got gunner to flair, he is a veil tail (kinda disappointing but oh well) he is lovely and the flap on his gills protrudes a lot, very exciting. Since I do not have a mirror I had to do it with a cd, and man he got aggitated.

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
A lot deeper and the flap of his gills is huge and black. He looks so manly. I think we are going to make it as long as we get the water cleared up. I am also thinking of moving him to a one or two gallon and getting a nicer betta, one more expensive.

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
He is in a 5 gallon hex. You think I should go bigger than that. I am just planning on putting a few more things in it once I get everything going right. I was thinking 2 African Dwarf Frogs, 1 oco(whatever sp?) catfish, and maybe a few schooling fish. Does this sound good, and would you please give me some suggestions on the schooling fish to go with my betta. I do not really care for the white clouds so does anyone have any other ideas?