Recommendation on Apisto breeding setup

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Having looked at those images I think you're on the way to having enough caves and cover, but think they look very sterile. My own opinion is that you'll have trouble getting enough food to the fry for them to survive the first two weeks, but as I've said before I'm an advocate of the 'dirty school' of breeding. I'd go for some live plants, and some driftwood.

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Yep, 2 feet down i figured it would be a little problem also.

I planned to add some java moss from my grow out tank around most of the caves. And pondered about adding a piece of driftwood with java fern on it. But the real problem with adding any plants is if they will grow. The tank only has the stock lighting of 30 watts and i hadnt planned on upgrading this at all for a simple apisto setup.

I'll try out the java moss for a while and see how it works with the poor lighting + some natural light and light from the room.

The look of the tanks isnt totally final. I wanna pick up some river rocks to fill in some of the foreground since thats a bit empty and with that and the java moss it should look considerably better and suit the apistos and fry also. I hope, thanks for the input and consideration.

.dc