sad puffer fish update

Mar 9, 2009
Culpeper, VA
www.myspace.com
haha yeah, i mean for me i need to get ready for music school :-( bleh but i might be getting a bunch of grants because of little things like dad being disabled and parents low income including myself, so idk but i mean i plan on taking off a year before i go

Joeyb1731

Large Fish
Jan 20, 2009
Oceanside NY
Listen my girlfriend is nuts. But she KNOWS not to touch my tanks and/or buy me fish. She's gonna buy me fish for my saltwater when it's ready sheasks me everyday and I say no not yet. She doesn't even feed them. I've told her everything not to do and why. U can do it.

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
my wife and i worked together on the tanks when we first got them,from choosing fish, decorations and even the substrait. what i learn i share with her so we can work on tanks together. nothing like being on the same page.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Just a side note..instead of starting a new thread for other questions just pick one and let the others die out, most of us read the new posts and when we have to jump around it makes it difficult to give proper advice because you may have worded something different, we may have read something one way and then read something else, plus we forget things (atleast I do) or whatever or we just lose track of all that is going on.

As for the GF just explain to her the consequences and I am sure she will understand without a big problem.

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
If you showed me a dead fish that I had just bought for you two weeks ago while explaining why it didn't live, I would get the picture and ask you before I bought more fish.

You could keep the loach and build a tank around them. They are so fun to watch when you have several. If you got rid of the knife, the dragon and the pleco, you could get half a dozen (or more, I'm not sure how many fit in your size tank) of these guys and watch them race up and down the tank. They'll sleep all piled up on one another, it is funny. Mine were Larry, Leonard, and Lloyd. The names seemed appropriate for their funny, bewhiskered faces and the way they acted. They have personality; mine were very interactive. You'd still have room for top-swimmers and mid-tank fish. They'd need plenty of caves, and they really enjoy a sand bottom. Man, now I want a loach tank!

Is this your dragon fish? If so, it needs brackish (semi-ocean) water and won't have a long life in a freshwater tank. I'd take it back.

You could keep the platies, swordtails, and maybe the betta (with dojo loaches) as long as he gets along with the platies and swords. I don't know about the bb cat, I think that when it gets bigger it will come out at night and gobble up the smaller fish.

Of course, as others have said, when you decide who to take back you should let the tank stabilize before adding other fish.

Also: Your ammonia may be 0, but I bet you're having a nitrite spike. It's okay, you're making progress, it's just kinda painful.