SALTY WATERS 15g thread...finally!!!

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
And they reproduce like mad. I am still battling some (with Joe's Juice) that came in on some live rock. Just when you think you got it all..........you find another one....or two....or three. Some people have luck with peppermint shrimp eating it. I might try getting one in a few weeks as part of my extended cleanup crew - my tank is only 3.5 weeks old, so I don't want to chance it just yet.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Oh I know that they can become pains in the butt and how they reproduce quickly. I will most likely "Juice" them, but I just still think they look cool and I am curious to see how fast they actually reproduce...kind of a personal expariment!!!

I have seen the odd ones in other tanks before that got pretty big and they were not out of control... and I just think they look so cool!!!

I will let you know what happens...Does SALTY WATERS "Juice" them or Not!!!!

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
I bought a piece of live rock (just a 3" x 1" piece) because it had a couple of Aiptasia on it last autumn (fall). They have certainly grown larger but they haven't reproduced. Nor have they moved from the rock they came in on. They haven't caused any problems that I know of, and are just another cool little curiosity to be found in my tank.

If they irritate coral, should I remove them considering I have some Goniopora, or are they only problematic to things that come into physical contact with them?

Tank looks beautiful btw Salty! So much colour!!

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
SPRING CLEANING!!!

Well since today was the begining of spring, I thought to myself..."what better time to do a good spring cleaning on the tank". So I took out all the equipment and dismantled it all and gave everything a really good scrub-down. I then cleaned all sides of the glass inside and out, and then as I was looking at my tank, I decided I wasn't very happy with my LR arrangement!!!
Well, I had no choice but to change it and I am very happy with the results of this...1) it looks nicer, 2) I now have more room, and 3) I NOW HAVE MORE ROOM, that means I can now buy something else :)

I will have new pics once the tank clears a little better and everything recovers from the shock.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
The New Pics Are Here!!!

Okay, so as promised here are some new pics of the tank after my spring cleaning, but first I would like to introdruce the newest members to my tank.

Please give a warm welcome to "SQUIRT" and his friends the Ricordea *celebrate

Squirt is a Red Sea Squirt that has a few Ricordea mushrooms growing on him. I spotted him at my LFS today as I was browsing around. I could not pass this guy up as I have always wanted one of these guys after seeing them on LiveAquaria.com but never have been able to find one around here...until now!!!

I returned my Joe's Juice, as I am going to leave my aptasia for now, so I had a store credit to use up. I also had $10 worth in points and a $3.00 off coupon, so I ended up paying a total of $6.95 for this little guy and his friends, plus they through in a small piece branched of LR (about 4" long and 1" thick) that I needed to secure another coral in my tank... FREE! (You can notice the LR on the right side of the tank, as it is more white than the other LR)

So ya I'm having a good day; enjoy the pics.

Sea Squirt & Ricordea Mushrooms

Devil's Hand Leather Coral

Elegant Moon Polyp

Metalic Green Star Polyps

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Well as feared, my Urchin had to get pushy last night and knock Squirt off his little rock. I found him on the substrate this morning...man was I pissed off!!!

I put Squirt back up but I can see it now that this will probably keep happening, so I have to think of something quick...hmmm, hey lordroad you hungery for some more Urchin :) lol just joking.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
So Squirt has been okay and the urchin has not knocked him around again...for now! Hopefully it stays that way.

I have now noticed that the unidentified snail that I have has found a new favorit snack...SPONG! He has taken a good chunk out of it in the past few days, I'm not worried though as it will grow back eventually, but I'm now curious as to what kind of snail it is.

If any one can identify it for me that would be great, I have looked on the web but no luck as of yet. As with my Rock flower anemone, this snail must have hiched a ride into the tank.

It is the picture on the first page of the pyramid shelled looking snail, between the anemone pic and the porcaline crab pic.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Just an update!

My girlfriend and I have been approved for our first appartment together and will be moving out May 1st... so I'm quite excited to finally get back out of the parents place again and hopefully for good! (Parents are great, just nice to have your own place)

So this means once again the tank will have to be moved! I will keep you all posted on how that all turns out. The good thing is once this tank will be set-up again it will get to stay set-up for a good period of time now.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Well just an update on the move!

We finally got our stuff moved in to the new appartment and it's lookin good. I haven't moved the tank yet though as I am waiting for my NEW 20g pre-drilled w/15 sump/refug. The 20g should be in by next Friday and my glass to build my 15g refug. should be in anytime now. I figured now is the time to set-up the tank the proper way and plus it is a heck of a lot easier moving tanks when you already have one waiting and up & running so you can just acclimate and drop into the new tank.

I am getting excited, everything should be set-up in about 2 weeks. I will post pics as soon as I can.