Show Your Betta Pics!

Mar 11, 2003
Mabel

Here is my pastel female, her name is Mabel and she is about 3-4 months old. I hope she will be contributing to my Fruit Smoothie lines. She is my new avatar, too :).

Alexa

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2003
canada
clix.to
I saw a black female betta yesterday. I meant to go back and get her but I got side tracked. When we left the store I remembered but by then I had already spent 70.00 lol.. We got some more cichlids and a few baby angels..

I will have to look next time I'm in to see if they have her but since its over a hour drive she'll probably be gone..

Anyone else ever seen a black betta?

Mar 11, 2003
There are two types of black. Melano and Lace. Melanos are the darkets blacks, the females are not fertile and cannot breed. Laces come from marbles and are usually unevenly colored, or really light. Last week at walmart there was a melano female. I wanted to get her, but a kid took her first.

Alexa

Mar 11, 2003
Do you mean, how can you tell if your betta has bred before? There isn't any real way of telling that. But if you mean, how can you tell if she is ready to breed: She may have veritical stripes (not horizontal), her stomach will be very round with eggs, and her ovipositer will be larger. I have a breeding section that has diagrams that I just added at 12 am last night to my page:
www.geocities.com/AlexasBettas/Breeding The male's picture isn't that clear, but its all I had to work with at the moment.

Alexa

Jun 8, 2003
canada
clix.to
Oh cool thanks for the help.. She is ready by the looks of her now just to get them to do the deed lol.

Actually I wanted to know how I know when it is has been done.. Like will I find eggs right away?

I'll go check out your article

thanks

Mar 11, 2003
You can see little off-white grains in the bubblenest. I never thought I would be able to see them, but I did. Some people use a flash light, and the eggs suposedly glow a different color when you shine it on them.

Alexa

Mar 11, 2003
Sometimes people like to discuss different things that come up in a thread. I don't think its preventing anyone from posting and responsing betta pictures, infact it may be helping people...imagine that, I think thats what MFT.net is for ;).

Alexa

Mar 11, 2003
I actually couldn't control that background. Whenever I use flash it gives the fish a very detailed look and a pitch black background. I did edit teh flash out at the way top, but the rest is all the flash's fault, lol.

Alexa