Siameme fighter problem

RyanML

Small Fish
Aug 18, 2010
hello,

i have a problem with my siamese fighter, basically for the last few months his behavoir has changed, when I first had him he had lovely bright colours and was pretty active in my 4ft tank, but in the last few months his colours have become less flamboyant and hes always lieing on the bottom of the tank, since i have some scavengers in that tank i removed him and put him in a small 4gal tank with a female guppy, he comes to the top of the water to feed, but when he decides to go back to the bottom he just sinks and kinda crashes to the bottom... and stays where he lands, somtimes on top of ornaments or plants... hes been doing this for atleast 4 months.. hes been treated for internal bacterial infections as my lfs told me it could be that causing him to be lethargic but there was no change?

other than looking a little limp and having weak colours theres no obvious signs physical signs of disease.

Ive had him for about a year now and wouldnt mind trying to get him back to some normality...

cheers.

skjl47

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Northeastern Tennessee.
hello; How warm do you keep the water? Does the tank have a snug cover? Bettas take a gulp of air from time to time and it seems to me that they do better with warm moist air above the surface of the water. While remote, is it possible the betta is getting a little old?

RyanML

Small Fish
Aug 18, 2010
im not sure about age, ive had him for around a year and he seemed pretty fully grown when i had him, tempreture is on 24 degrees, the tank has a lid but has a flap missing and theres easy about 4-5 inches of room above the water