Site Updates & Other Stuff! (from Me!)

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
hey everyone,

sorry for the state of the forum the past few days. the dedicated server it was one was pretty outdated so i decided to move the site to a new server. it took awhile and there was some kinks to work out. so the past few days, you probably saw the site go down, maybe missing a post/thread here and there (sorry!!!!!) and a missing sidebar at this time.

the move seems to be coming to a close so i'm glad about that. The other update i wanted to do was to maybe switch forum softwares. It's a big task but the new forum software has a converter script which will take everything we have here and just swap it over. cross my fingers. but i think in the end it'll make for a better user experience. don't worry, everything will be kept as is (just a different backend).

since i'm already at it...i thought maybe i'd update the look and feel of MFT since it's been awhile and things don't quite work as well anymore.

but just to let you know what is going on. Didn't want you to think that MFT was breaking down. Well..i'm kinda breaking it. like breaking down a smaller tank to make room for A LARGER TANK! (bad analogy?) haha.

Thanks for your patience!

Johnny (arcab4)

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
thanks. we finally switched over the new server. ran some speed tests and it runs faster so hopefully that helps out.

i'm looking at another forum software which converts everything over. but i'm still researching how it'll affect google search engine rankings. and then ofcourse a new redesign which i'm still mapping out.