So here's what I am thinking....

Aug 4, 2008
You could always go with two power filters. Guess it's common.

Biggest HOB filter i've seen is the aquaclear 110. And that is not a bio wheel. This is just from my looking at my LFS's.

I've got an aqua clear 70 on my 30g tank. I keep it on low. I'll turn it up to high to clear out the tank if I've disturbed the substrate.

And congrats on the 75! Be sure to keep us updated and PICTURES!!

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
On a tank that big you should probably get a canister filter. If you can afford it, get a Rena Filstar XP, they are awesome! You can also run a bio-wheel filter if you want. Or some people run two bio-wheels for extra filtration rather than a canister.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
I might do that...but

BUT

if you check the breeding section you will see I have BIGGER issues right now !!!!

or should I say teenie tiny issues right now !!!!

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
well yeah you're right. OCD is funnier though, he should have that instead
I can get OCD sometimes - typically when I'm bored though, so I don't think it's still considered OCD, lol.
When I'm walking sometimes, and there's tiles... I walk so that I don't step in between the tiles, but step right on the middle of the tile - if that makes sense. And when I'm listening to the radio in my car... the volume always has to be in a multiple of 5. I'm just weird like that.

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I can get OCD sometimes - typically when I'm bored though, so I don't think it's still considered OCD, lol.
When I'm walking sometimes, and there's tiles... I walk so that I don't step in between the tiles, but step right on the middle of the tile - if that makes sense. And when I'm listening to the radio in my car... the volume always has to be in a multiple of 5. I'm just weird like that.
They had a show on MTV before with a people that had OCD; one guy brushed his teeth and had to turn the faucet on-off a certain number of times before he finished, and when he left for work he had to kiss his gf goodbye, go out the door then come back in and kiss her again like 3 times. pretty funny/weird stuff. I don't know how counterparts would deal with it, IE: that. I'm kind of wondering if i have OCD in anyway, because I'm sure I'll do things repeatedly not knowing it...