sump

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
if there is a sticky I couldn't find it......I plan on making a 29g glass aquarium into one.....just add plexi baffles.....a pump & overflow and away I go

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
been there done that....though I was hoping to see a really good pic of a converted 20 or 30 long that has been converted to a sump/fuge.....and the overflow/return equipment used...I have heard good and bad things about cpr overflows that the siphon usually fails......causing floods. I did find a great site that had a cool looking pvc overflow that I am going to try

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well unless you can drill a tank when it is full of water and fish and corals, I won't be drilling mine anytime soon.......I wish I had the foresight before I set it up. I thought I had done a lot of research......but I guess I didn't realize how much better it would be with a fuge/sump...live and learn. I just want a short term fix as I intend to upgrade to a 120 within the next year or so

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I have a pre-made sump for the tank I'm setting up. I'm also having a hard time finding good plans/images of how to set it up. I did a Google search for "sump refugium setup" and got some reasonable plans, but mostly for DIY ones.

I'm not really asking a question at this point, but I am having a hard time finding good articles :)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I couldn't possibly try and drill a tank completely set up. For starters I wouldn't be able to breathe for the 30 or so minutes it would take, thereby dying in the process........Sorry I just don't have the courage or the guts to try that..........glad it turned out for him.....I wonder how many tried it and found 200g of water fish and livestock floating around their living room.....

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Lorna said:
I couldn't possibly try and drill a tank completely set up. For starters I wouldn't be able to breathe for the 30 or so minutes it would take, thereby dying in the process........Sorry I just don't have the courage or the guts to try that..........glad it turned out for him.....I wonder how many tried it and found 200g of water fish and livestock floating around their living room.....
me...

jk i wouldn't try it ether i'd kill my self if i cracked my tank and a tsunami broke through my room :D

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
so you couldnt just have 1 pump suckin water out and 1 suckin water in???
cause i have an extra 20 gallon that id like to put to use but all my tanks are setup for atleast a year so if it involes draining and drilling holes in my tank thatll have to wait till my lease is up next june ( wich'll be a pain )

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Lorna said:
if there is a sticky I couldn't find it......I plan on making a 29g glass aquarium into one.....just add plexi baffles.....a pump & overflow and away I go
i didnt mean there was one just that some one should make one