sump

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
yea you'd have a flood if anything happend to one of the pumps, overflows are nice because no way to really have a flood and it also keeps it toped off wish i would of made a overflow... but i guess i'll have to upgrade :D

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
I just talked to a friend of mine that has a 55G and has battled higher nitrates. I kept telling him he could really use a refugium/macro algea to help.
He didn't want to tear down his tank to get it drilled. He bought one of those overflows and had it up n running in about 10 minutes or so.

His results were just like mine after getting the fuge going... nitrates dropped like a stone....red slime what?:)
I asked him to send pics to me...i'll try to post them... if he ever sends them...

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok as im sure you guys have already read my other thread and know i plan on building a sump for my nano tank.....curently i have a 10 gallon tank and stand and plan on getting a slightly larger tank and drilling it out for the sump/fuge... the question now is the space under that stand isnt that big :/ what should i use for the sump????

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
thats the problem the 10 gallon wont fit under the cabinet so ill need something else you can imagine the cabinet is exactly the size of the tank

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
so could i build something to fit inside the cabinet??? and even if im only adding 5 gallons i still wanna do it... i mean it is a 10 gallon tank adding 5 gallons would be a 50% increase in water not to mention i kinda wanna practice with this tank just incase anything goes wrong

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Last edited: