Tank pic..before and after..

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
that is a beautiful tank. This is your first salt water right? The light you have on it is very nice, I love how blue it is. Everything is so alive now its very colorful

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Yep first SW tank. Started in september. Didn't had money in december, you can tell by the pix, nothing changed very much. Bad shape base rocks, unglued and lifeless. So the aquascaping suffered a lot.
Now i need to find 2 "arch" type of LR for the top left and top right of my tank, also with some holes in it..enough to put the xenia's "puck" into it. It doesn't look real on its stand.

dss2004

Large Fish
Oct 1, 2004
Frisco, Texas
www.freewebs.com
Beautiful tank. It is really amazing how wonderful well thought out salt-water tanks appeal to the eye. They have such a deep, blue, and almost eriee appeal to them. I love to scuba dive and I always enjoy when the salt-water crew post pics. It makes me want to catch a flight and dive. Wonderful tank.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
Sick tank KaluaZzZ, very nice man. I'm happy for you. Your tank just looks good, damn good. lol. what are you using for you substrate? the coral does not look bad though( I guess its just a pain). And what are you using besides a skimmer and power heads?? But it is looking good, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
I have an ac500 in the back with bio-max in it and rowaphos. Got a 10 gallon sump with 50 bio-balls (ahh the hated bio-balls), but for now it's useless since my return pump isn't efficient. Looking to buy a mag drive. So basically i have 40 pounds crushed coral, 12 pounds of coral rubbles, 78 pounds of base/live rock for bio filtration, skimmer, 5 powerheads..i guess that's it. Light is 40wx2 neons ( 1 pseudo actinics ) and a Giesemann Nova II metal halide HQI with a super blue 20000k spectrum

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
no, cause my sump isn't running right now. The return pump isn't powerful enough ( tested fluval 304 head and ac401 both not really return pumps ).
This week i think i'll get my pump and mangrove pods. Got no phosphates right now, but it's because i have rowaphos chemically removing it. I prefer a more natural way, and so does the livestock.

I got my 6 month used Giesemann Nova II for 350 CAD ( 300 USD ) but brand new it costs 700 CDN so i need to find 1) money and 2) another used one but they are rare. And the the glomat for my 2x40w neons is 40 canadian bucks.

Oh well gotta do my water change..the ro/di water is ready.

'Later!