Themes

I know people think it's lovely to have great pretty, beautiful tanks! With type dye ordaments and crowded with little "no fishing" decorations.. But also, you have to remember that the tank may be your 'relaxation source' or you may want it to match your colourful living room, but that tiny little tank is a HOME and LIVING ENVIROMENT for LIVING fish, so although it may look a little bare, make sure you have plenty of room for your fish to swimm.. etc, a plain-ish tank full of beautiful healthy fish is better to look at other than a junkyard of plants and objects! (but then again, depending on your fish!).. I have one hideout in my tank, some gravel (well more like dark purple pebbles) at the bottom.. a filter, an air pump and that's it.. and believe me, it looks great! :)

Well thank you for your input Chazwick! I agree and that is why my other tank will remain the "Serenity" Aquarium. I am not planning on adding 12" tall objects, or things that take up the whole tank. I am planning to creat a battlefield environment with the fish as the soldiers (i.e. schools of cardinals or neons), some that stay near the surface which will be the airplanes, and some large shell snails as like the tanks. I am going to use species that resemble certain aspects of a battlefield as well as making the landscaping look the theme, while mainly being their for the fish and other creatures survival and "play area!" I'm not going to stick a whole lot of sharp ended "toys" in there for the fish to get hurt on. That is another reason for me posting this thread, is so that I can get info on what do others feel would make a good "airplane" that will coordinate environmentally with the other aquatic life!

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
i try to make tanks look like a little pocket of nature too, like its just been taken from the wild. i like to have plants and fish all from the same region, for example my 50g is a thailand biotype tank.

schneirw

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Lancaster, Pa
www.the-schneiders.net
I like to keep a "natural" look with my tanks. My community tank has some driftwood a lot of rocks and many, many silk plants. Soon I'll be making a Cichlid tank (Amazon Acid Pool theme) and a Betta tank (Southeastern Asia Back-Water theme). Both of those tanks will have live plants.

I wanted to go for the natural look.. but in the end.. i went for a plain, and simple look.. which still looks good as i have neon tetras that brighten up the place :)
And yes, you can see my filter and air pump and i don't give a damn... because my bettas favourite spot is the filter... she lays on it... so if i hid it, i would hardly see her!
And thanks longtyme. lol and the tank your designing sounds great :)