This is my 37 reef.

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area

well there it is hope everyone likes it. all corals were bought as frags except the green star polyps $30 & the candy cane lps $40. I love frags!*BOUNCINGS it's fun to watch them grow and move around and they are so cheap, most expensive coral was $20 other than previously stated.

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
Jeleak I used it to raise the lr. It's not very common but I saw it once. It is safer than settting the lr on top of 5" of sand. I have always wanted to buy a goby/shrimp combo and they dig. I just wanted everything to be safe.

Camera= seio 1100 powerhead. I love that thing!

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
He's okay, I call him skinny. I've read all the posts and I watch him but he goes around picking at the rock so I think that he will be good. His overall apperance has not changed since I bought him. He's very small so I think that my tank and refuge can provide him w/ all the food he needs. I'm not sure but I think that he may eat the cyclopeeze that lands on the lr as well.

OCC - 250w 10k. I have a 14k bulb but I like the brightness of the 10k over the color of the 14k. The corals just seemed to prefer the 10k.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Looks great....I read somewhere that the green mandarins are easier to get eating than the blues.......

I like the idea of the pvc pipe.....I should have done that.....c'est la vie. Though my rocks are so big they don't move.

I like the way it is coming.....keep posting pics...though I did pick up 2 for $10 each.....most were more than that......

Wish I could get frags that cheap........

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
thanks for the compliments, I was worried people wouldn't like it. I love this tank, the entire back wall has a purple film of coraline growing and I suspect that it will be about 3-4weeks where it will be easily noticable. *SUPERSMIL

Hey seastar- funny you mention it but the camera is about 9 years old. It's an Olympus 3.2 digital, not exactly cutting edge. I wish that I could afford a nice digital slr, but you know there's too many other things that I want.

Hey lorna thanks again, question for you...I want to purchase a crocea clam, I know that they prefer to dig into lr so I'll have to move my bullseye mushroom. Currently my calcium readings are 650 on a red sea test kit, could this be correct/possible? I'm thinking about giving up on red sea and moving towards sailfert, what do you think?

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Ha! This is from my tank that has 60lbs of rock, 30lbs sand, and one small turbo snail. It gave me a 100ppm. My dad got a 300ppm, and is bringing it up. I hear that 450ppm is a sweet spot, clams do best with no less than 420ppm, and anything over 480ppm usually doesn't work out because of the rediculous amounts of precipitation.