To full?

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
This is quite a long message but please take the time to read it.
i have two tanks a 10 gallon and a 25 gallon here is what is currently in the tanks.

10 gallon

4 neons
4 penguins
1 rainbow shark

25 gallon
cycling

once my 25 has cycled im gonna move the shark and penguins to the 25 gallon and get 4 glowlights and 6 tiger barbs so the 10 gallon will be like this:

6 tiger barbs
4 neon tetras
4 glowlight tetras

is that ok? not overcrowded? the reason for 6 tiger barbs is because i heard if u get 6 or more they wont bother any thing eles (i dont want my neons or glowlighs dying) would 4 or 5 be ok? i dont want it overcrowded but i dont want the other fish dying.whats the best thing to do?

heres the second bit my 25 gallon will have this - 1 shark, 4 penguin tetras. here is what im planning:

25 gallon

1 rainbow shark
1 suckermouth catfish
2 anglefish
3 or 4 guppies
4 penguin tetras

is that ok? could i put more fish in or is it to full?
thanks for the help!
:D

Jawz

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2003
ontario, canada
Visit site
25 gallon

1 rainbow shark
1 suckermouth catfish
2 anglefish
3 or 4 guppies
4 penguin tetras

that seems too much for my taste

6 tiger barbs
4 neon tetras
4 glowlight tetras

i think the tiger barbs are enough for that tank already, could get a little fiesty in there

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
the dimensions of the the 25 is this 32 by 11.5 by 15 yeah the suckermouth catfish will be 3' max so mike what ur saying is this?

10 g - 4 guppies 4 neons 4 glowlights

25 g - 1 rainbow 1 sucker mouth 2 angle fish, 4 tiger barbs 4 penguins

is that right? if it is i might be able to squeeze 6 tigers?:eek:

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
great! thank for the help i think thats what ill do then.

10 gallon

4 guppies
4 neon tetras
4 glowlight tetras

25 gallon

1 rainbow shark
1 suckermouth catfish
2 anglefish
4 penguin tetras
6 tiger barbs.

1 question about the guppies though how many males and females should i get? i read that if you get to many males they will bully the females is 1 male 3 females ok?or would i be ok with 2 males 2 females?

May 19, 2003
Visit site
remember, tiger babrs get large. 4" and fat. I'd put them into the 25g (4 of them) with the shark and penguins... even then i'd be prepared to move them in about 2 years. the LFS has some very large tiger barbs... maybe even bigger than 4".

the 10g I would only run the neon and glolite tetra (4 each). Or drop them to 3 each and add 2 cory to bottom feed.

To put it bluntly:
25g: 1 Shark
4 Tiger Barb
4 Penguin
2 Otto or Cory

10g: 4 Glolite
4 Neon Tetra
<b>or</b>
4 Neon Tetra
3 Glolite Tetra
2 Otto or Cory

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
forget the betta ill get these 2 up and running then think about a betta bowl. i no what im doing but might change my mind along the way so heres the final plan if any sees a problem with this just say so here it is:

10 gallon - 4 neon tetras 4 glowlight teras 4 guppies (1 male 3 female).
25 gallon - 1 rainbow shark (male) 1 suckermouth catfish 2 angle fish 4 penguins 6 tiger barbs.

Mar 11, 2003
Still over crowded. A general fishkeepers rule is 1 inch of fish for every 1 gallon of water. You should have only about 8 fish in that 10 gallon. So you will have to get rid of one of those choices.

Alexa

Dec 30, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Over Crowded?

Hi Ya FishFace,

Ok to begin with your second decision is great:

10 gallon

4 guppies
4 neon tetras
4 glowlight tetras

25 gallon

1 rainbow shark
1 suckermouth catfish
2 anglefish
4 penguin tetras
6 tiger barbs.

Now onto another subject....PreciousGems- the 10 gallon that he has is no where near over crowded he could honestly add about 6 more tetras and some cories to that tank:D
nice set up fishface i would like to see some pictures after yer done

~~~Psycho~~~

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
thanks a lot psycho i cant wait to get them going but it has to cycle they both should be done in a couple of moths or so and ill deffinatly put some pics of the tank and the fish when its done. so it is decided:
10 gallon - 4 neon tetras, 4 glowlight tetras and 4 guppies (1 male 3 female).

25 gallon - 1 rainbow shark, 1 suckermouth catfish, 2 angle fish, 4 penguin tetras and 6 tiger barbs.

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*SUPERSMIL

Oct 22, 2002
Bend, OR
www.zealotron.com
yeah seriously, the 1 inch per gallon rule is about worthless IMO. My 55 will be over that when I add the 2 discus, the ram, the oto, the other ancistrus, the other cory, and the other tetras hehe. Let's see that's...(calculating) about 63 inches of fish full grown. It won't be a problem with the filter I'm running, the weekly changes I'll be doing, the fact that they're all pretty peaceful fish, and especially because of all the plants that'll be in there feeding on ammonia / nitrates. On the other hand I have 3 inches of fish total in my 20, and only plan on adding maybe another 8 inches. This is due to the territorial requirements of small african cichlids.

it comes down to water change frequency, filtration, and aggression/territorial needs.

yeah ill wait for the tank to fully cycle i dont want any fish dying. the 1' rule ill be over that too when mine are fully grown, i will have quite a lot of plants too so im hoping there wont be any problems about plants though i have some in now and the tank is cycling a few seem a bit brown is this because of the added ammoina and high nirite? will they die?( see rate my fish tank fresh water - my first ever fish tank to see my ten gallon.)