Today's Addtions

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks!!! In rebuttle to your post wayne, I dont ever feed on the day that I introduce fish into my tanks, but the day after I got the Swallowtail I fed Mysis Shrimp and the Emerald Entree frozen cubes and she ate those up like a champ. Yesterday I fed freeze-dired Brine Shrimp and again she ate very well. She is about 6 inches long, almost fully grown.
Here are the 2 new corals that I got the other day.
This was labled in the store as Frogspawn but I believe that it is Hammer. What do you think?? I will get a better pic when it comes out more.

These are bright (even though it didnt really show the pic) green Zoos. I think they look nice on that rock!!

And here's a few other pics for fun!!

This is my Striped Dottyback (above and below). Can you see all of the Baby Kenya Trees (below)?!?!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
I love the tank, absolutely gorgeous. That doesn't look like hammer to me, because attached to the hammer looking parts are other little tips, like there would be on frogspawn. A detailed picture of a polyp would make for a sure decision.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Here are close-ups:
I think the seaweed that I got was Euphyllia but Im not positive. And yes the Tang LOVES his Seaweed!!

My camera wont let me get a closer so I hope that these help.

Thanks For All Your Help And Comments!!!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
that is frogspawn, you can tell because on some of the tenticles there is more than one pink tip the tips of the tentacles on a hammer would be a bit wider and also al little curved, almost like a "C" but not as curved, and nice zoanthids, are they the green and purple variety?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, your seaweed is definitely not Euphyllia; Euphyllia is the family (or is it genus) of a bunch of corals, specifically hammer/anchor, torch, forgspawn/grape/octopus.

I would agree that the coral is probably frogspawn.

Your "seaweed" (more properly macro-algae) appears to be Caulerpa

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
OOOPS!!! :rolleyes: I thought that it sounded right cause when the guy told me the name of it (I just told him the bubble seaweed) it ended with an A. I just assumed that was it. As you can tell I dont know the scientific names for stuff. And I geuss thats what I get for Assuming!! *twirlysmi LMAO!!!