too many fish?

pooky182

Medium Fish
Mar 27, 2004
england
Visit site
hi I have a 16 gallon aquarium (84 litres I think roughly)
It contains
3 glowlight tetras
3 blue tetras
1 female swordtail
2kuhli loaches
2 wood shrimp
1 small sailfin plecostemous (will sell back to shop when gets too big)
6 adult guppys
4baby guppies
1 black angel fish
2 scissor tailsLooking at the list it does seem quite a few but there still looks plenty of room. I have a pic below and pic in next post from a few weeks ago that shows all the plants e.t.c. it doesn't show the bamboo shrimp and the swordtail though.
I was wondering if you think I was at my limit or I could fit in some more small fish?

Attachments

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
I thiuk you are way over your limit alrady, Any chance the guys who will get bigger can go back to the pet shop now? Also, I am pretty sure your green and white plants are not aquatic, just to warn ya. Very pretty tank though.

Purple

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Hampshire UK
Visit site
Despite the size issues, your tank will choke chemically first. that many fish will produce so much waste that your nitrate levels will go through the roof. You'll be changing 50% of the tank water twice a week trying to level it down. if you can't keep the level down, you'll end up with fin rot and bacteria infections long before the individual fish are too big for the tank.

sorry - but you should start taking the ones that grow really big back as soon as you can