want to and more angels

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
Hi everyone. In my 55 gal tank I would love to add 4 more angels. The angel I have in there now is 2 years old. I know it is best to add all angels to tank when juveniles so they can grow up together. I need ideas on how to do this. If someone don't think it will work, let me know. I would hate to have the angel I have now kill them.
Thank you for your imput. Tina

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I wouldn't recommend adding any more angels to your 55gal, unless you want to add another one that is the same size as your current angel. Even then you wouldn't be guaranteed a pair. Add four new angels to a 55gal with an established adult in there and you're BEGGING for World War III to erupt.

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
Angels are noo angels I take it. Thank you for your imput. I will wait until the tank is empty then I will try to have and angel tank. Don't want to part with the angel I already have.

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
I think if you add 4 angels to that tank that are already that size then you should be better off than just adding one or two... just find a place that can get large angels in stock...You have the space for them IMO....

You could also think about QTing the old angel for a bit and let the new guys get acclimated before returning the old angel..

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
Think I will hold off on the angels because I like to get them when they are small. (less money also). But what about a few discus fish? I keep up on my water changes real good. I usually do it every 4 or 5 days. Just a thought. What do you think? Would my angel not like that idea either?