Wanted fish

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
By the way you would find the anthias an utter p.i.t.a. - you need to keep them as a single or as a largish group (6+) to deal with their continual aggression. they are easy to get feeding BUT need feeding at least 3, and realistically 5 or 6 times a day or they starve to death in a few weeks as short stomached planktivores , but they require pretty high levels of water quality, and lots of nice oxygenated flow.
Look at angels, smaller hawks, small wrasse, medium clowns, blennies, that sort of thing. A lot depends on what you can get locally ....

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
Wayne, while I agree with most of what you said I would have to disagree about the lyretail anthias, I have a male and 2 females in a 90, and they are fine, easy to feed, and not agressive, and have been in the tank for well over a year, but on the whole most anthias are rather difficult.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I'm learning quickly that you can easily have a completely different expereince in almost the same settings in this hobbie. So far nothing bad has happend, but I'm sure I won't be let down.

Scratch that, came home today and I had a lot of that brown crap and one of my yellow tails lost a boxing match. I'm hoping to catch them on Monday so I can trade them for a firefish.

Last edited: