water changes

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
So, has anyone else had such a busy week and weekend that they have found themselves doing water changes at 1:30am? lol. I just have to ask, cause thats what i am doing right now. Got off work at 11:30 wednesday night, went and got supper, then got home at about 12:30. Now it's 1:30 and draining my tanks right now. I planned to do it this weekend but picked up a weekend job doing some siding for a guy my dad owns and wont have time.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
I usually just leave it for the next day or the next time i get the opportunity to change the water. changing at night is tedious especially when i am tired for the day.
I got into changing the water at night because at this time there are tons of snails out in my tank so i get to syphon all of them out to control their population easily. (they usually form piles around food that i throw in for the plecos). last night i did a water change at about 9pm i think/ i usually don't like doing it after that.

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't have kids.

Well they will innocently ask if they can help. Then will start yanking on the hoses, try to drink the prime, hit each other with the fish nets, stick their hands in and/or spill the buckets. That's just the stuff that I can think of... usually they manage to do things you would never think of. Either way water will end up on the floor.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
my goal was navy right out of high school but 2 years in i hurt my ankle and they would not let me reenlist. so after my 2.5 i went into construction then the economy feel through and then worked crap jobs, got back into construction and again the jobs aint here and working crap factory work again. But my brother is going to try to get me out in the oil fields out in the dakotas next year. thats 100+k a year work. right now it's hard to find work and i'm starting to wonder in the next few years if there will even be work out there. I have to work with my hands. i can't do office work. luckily though i am pretty self sufficiant and know many different trades and can always find side jobs here and there. couple weeks ago i rebuilt a chimney, this weekend doing siding. next weekend i got a car to work on.